The season of gift-giving is upon us, and don’t you think you should start with a few gifts for yourself? The folks at MAS Medical Staffing have put together a list of 11 smart phone and tablet apps designed to make your life as a nurse just a little bit easier—both at work and at home.
For your professional life, the list includes:
- NursingCentral—provides information about diseases, tests, drugs, and procedures
- Nurse’s Pocket Guide—features 440 medical conditions, updated NANDA-I 2015-2017 diagnoses, care plan guides, and more
- Human Anatomy—includes over 3,000 3D human anatomy images
- MedPage Today—breaking medical news, reference information, and free CE credits
- Disease Dictionary—a clinical diagnosis advisor
- Nurse’s Aid—Android reminder app specifically for healthcare professionals
- Zip Schedules—remote communication app with features specifically for managers and staff nurses
- Prana Breathe—breathing exercises you can do at work to relieve stress
These two apps can be used at home to help you take care of yourself and your family:
- Headspace—this guided meditation app includes hundreds of meditations for everything from stress and anxiety to sleep and focus
- MealPlan—helps you keep track of recipes and grocery lists and includes meal planning templates
Click here to learn more about all of these apps…and then give yourself the gift of time, knowledge, and self-care.