Welcome to American Nurse Today
American Nurse Today is the official journal of the American Nurses Association. The journal is being made available to you through the generosity and commitment to your nursing education by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing, and Dean Michael Evans, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN.
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the only full-service professional organization representing the interests of the nation’s 3.1 million registered nurses through its constituent and state nurses associations and its organizational affiliates. The ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting the rights of nurses in the workplace, projecting a positive and realistic view of nursing, and by lobbying the Congress and regulatory agencies on health care issues affecting nurses and the public.
American Nurse Today provides you with original, peer-reviewed, science-based nursing content through succinct, practical, independent, evidence-based clinical data and information. American Nurse Today is a comprehensive, timely, trusted information source that you can rely on to:
- Optimize patient outcomes
- Cultivate an educational foundation of best practices
- Enhance professional careers
Every issue includes:
- Inside ANA – information and updates from the strongest voice and advocate for the nursing profession.
- Strictly Clinical – peer-reviewed clinical articles, including continuing education. Editorial addresses best practices and a wide variety of useful, practical information that nurses can use in their practice immediately.
- Practice Matters – legal and ethical issues, time management, negotiating contracts, Magnet recognition and drug topics are just some of the topics this section covers.
- Career Sphere – tips, techniques and ideas to help nurses maximize their careers are discussed.
- Mind/Body/Spirit – articles that remind nurses to “take care of the caregiver
Each monthly issue offers something for everyone. Our outstanding Editorial Advisory Board includes top nurse thought-leaders across all nursing specialties, including Dean Evans! Check back often for a fresh perspective on key nursing issues. Feel free to browse this website (www.MyAmericanNurse.com) for additional news and nursing resources.
Click on any journal cover below to access that issue or click here for our archives dating back to 2006 – there is great historic perspective in our early issues – as well as plenty of resources that you can still use!
Please let us know if we can ever be of any help. Click here to send us and email.